Monday, January 03, 2005

That's great, but please don't crowd

So over lunch I went to our campus fitness center (gym) at work here. I typically do this about 2 or 3 times a week have have done it for about a year. But I was floored by the number of people I saw there today. I'd guess there was triple the normal number of fitness-freaks there today. Intuitively I'll associate this with the new year and new resolutions to exercise/lose weight. I will say it was positive because of the energy in the place, but let's just say that crowded locker rooms are less-than-pleasant. I'll be interested to see how the numbers taper off over the next few weeks. I'm no shining example myself, but I'll keep trying. I guess it's just fun to see resolutions at work. Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing. I've got my own, and wish everyone all the best. But we all fail to some degree to achieve what we set out to do with so much energy. It's too bad, but for today, I've seen resolute exercisers in all their sweatiness and I hope we continue to workout regularly, but please, don't crowd me in the locker-room, that's just wrong.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin