I just realized that the Pinewood Derby post was #100 for me. A milestone of sorts. Pretty sure that Traci wrote that many last Tuesday between 2:30 and 3:15, but I'm still pretty happy. Let's looks back at what's changed and hasn't changed since that first post back on Dec 17th 2004:
First, what hasn't changed:
- Still living in O-Town, south of the KC
- My kids still don't listen to me unless I'm handing out dessert or starting an animated movie
- Still working at Sprint . . . but those days may now be numbered . . .
- Still can't sit with my family at sacrament meeting
- Same old President of the US . . . looking forward to that change (GO MITT!)
- Same hair style
- Still trying to drop that sympathy weight I took on when Traci was pregnant with baby #1 9 years ago
- I still laugh at Dave Barry & Brian Regan
Now, a few of the changes:
- Allison came into our family!
- High School Musical (1 and 2) brought out the dancer in my kids
- Traci is now a hotter-than-ever Fitness Freak
- My kids discovered video games, wow is that a mixed blessing
- I got my first new car, a stylish, but practical Honda Civic (Ethan will drive it someday)
- Floods in the basement = new carpet
- My attempt to reinstall our wood flooring in the family room = new carpet
Anyway, those are just a few that come to mind. A few of you have been with me since the beginning and endured (or perhaps relished) long, postless months. To all of you, or at least both of you, I say thanks for reading along. Drop me a comment. You can recommend post topics, recommend hair care products, make fun of me, congratulate me, congratulate yourself, or just ask that I stop posting stuff. Whatever works.