Hi HTF readers – sorry for the little hiatus (almost 2 whole weeks). If you read the previous post you’ll see that’s part of the reason. Here are a few of the recent events, that you may or may not care about:
- Unpacking update – Traci was without a car for a few days and totally did her magic on the boxes of stuff. We (by which I mostly mean her) are almost done.. I’m still pretty sure we somehow got a bunch of somebody else’s stuff, judging from the mountain of boxes still in the garage.
- Sydney get’s a bike – The other night I read Braeden (7) a book called “How To Be a Friend.” A key principle was sharing. As if to test him, right when we were done, Sydney (5) came in and asked Braeden if she could borrow his bike. He looked at me and smiled, and then said “yes.” I started into my congratulatory speech only to realize that Sydney had burst into tears and ran out of the room. (sidenote – this is often the case when guys think they’re doing something nice for females, the result is a female in tears and a very confused guy. I say this from years of similar experiences) Turns out that Sydney wanted her own bike and was hoping that B would say “NO!” We found one for her on CraigsList the next day. (Ah, the power of tears…)
- Home selling skilz – WE HAVE SOME! (closed yesterday)
- Kidz get sick – We did one of our “pass the virus” things between the kids. Thankfully it was just fevers and not anything difficult too . . . uh . . . clean up.
- MARCH MADNESS BEGINS (NCAA Basketball Tournament) – this will be the 12th year of the annual Pope Family & Friends Tournament. Traci has beaten me 11 of those years. This year I’ve tried her tact – I’ve pretty much watched nothing and done zero research. [As an HTF reader you are TOTALLY invited to play along, but time is running out. The more the merrier!! Send me an e-mail if you want in, it’s superfun! But you need to have your picks done by Thursday morning!]
So there’s the little update. May your March have Madness, but in a good way!
Play on, playa!!!