Friday, August 22, 2008

Kenny Rogers Look Alikes . . .

Here's a question from a new reader who I will call M&M (in spite of what he calls himself):

Dear HTF,

This morning I was browsing the web and visited my favorite site, you know the one... www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com, and I couldn't help but think Kenny Rogers doesn't even look like Kenny Rogers. Would it be culturally unacceptable to create a site called www.menwholooklikekennyrogersafterplasticsurgery.com?

-The Real Henry the Frog


First off, impersonating "seasoned" singer/songwriters is one thing, but impersonating me (in amphibian form) - not cool. I'll let that pass though. So your favorite website is a little troubling. Perhaps you could spend some time on www.shrinkswhohelppeopleobessedwithkennyrogers.com. Your point about Kenny not looking like Kenny anymore is fair. For instance I think Will Ferrel is a way better George Bush than George Bush. I'd like to see the Kenny Rogers Look Alike conference . . . on second thought I'd rather not. As far as the plastic surgery question - I think that's terribly wrong. (and you'd have to decide which of Kenny's facial decades to target) Anyone who has surgery to look like someone else should definitely not have their own website. Wait a minute, that means 87.6% of celebrity web sites have to come down now . . . hm, if that were to happen we'd have a sudden dearth of keen political insights (and self promotion). I'm good with that.

Thanks for the question, WannaBeHTF. Remember, "you never count your money when you're sittin' at the table. There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that there is a website for cats that look like Hilter? Apparently, the criteria is pretty high. My old roommate tried to submit a picture of her cat, and she was told that her cat didn't look enough like Hitler to make the page.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin