Don’t look now, but after 6 weeks of play in our league I’ve crept my way into second place!! I can only assume this is pity coming from my fellow playas. Here’s quick rundown on the week 6 results and standings:
It was a huge week for points and a whopping SIX of our teams have the same record (3-3). And now a few comments about the league:
- Blue Blood came through yet again and in spite of having only the 5th highest point total still sits happily atop the standings with the best overall record. Congrats, Emmy!!
- D&D continues to pile on the points. JJ has by far the highest point total, but has only won half of her games. Not someone you’d want to play.
- The Possumz are the bipolar team in the league (in a good way). AGM has appeared on the Toyota Blowout box in each of the last FOUR weeks. Two of those times she’s the one being blown out and the other 2 she’s the victor. Second highest point total too…
- Cooleyer had a super-hot start and looked poised to challenge, but a couple really close loses the last two weeks have dropped her to the middle of the pack.
- The Beckinators seem to have figured some things out and have landed 2 Ws in a row. Who knew Eli Manning would be so good?!
- The Chrushers have been Chrushees a bit more of late, but did land a W this week on the strength of Drew Brees and his mullet.
- The No Soup team is kinda the opposite of D&D. Fewest points in the league, but has still won half the games. We’ll call that
- NY Trainspotters have been dropping and adding players like crazy. Must be a rebuilding year. It appears management has been turned over to some mysterious guy named Mark…
- The Cannibals are just plain getting eaten. Looks like that Pittsburgh D and McNabb aren’t exactly what they used to be. Still the point total isn’t too dismal, so don’t count ‘em out!
- As for me, I’m just glad I loaded up on running backs and that Tom Brady knows how to find Wes Welker in the snow.
Hope everyone is having fun. Good luck in week 7!!